Our social, environmental and societal commitments
The group conducts its business based on respect for universal rights and principles. The Crédit Mutuel group's CSR policy is guided by public positions related to specific topics and sectors.
Taking a proactive approach, Crédit Mutuel supports the following public and private initiatives
As a responsible company:
- The UN Global Compact (or Global Compact) - Confédération Nationale du Crédit Mutuel (CNCM) and par le Crédit Mutuel Arkéa,
- Signatory to the Paris Pledge - Fédéral Finance Gestion, Crédit Mutuel Alliance Fédérale and Crédit Mutuel Asset Management
- Signatory to the Decarbonize Europe Manifesto - Shift Project (Nicolas Théry, Chairman of Confédération Nationale du Crédit Mutuel, and Xavier Lépine, Chairman of La Française).
- Signatory to PRB (Principles for Responsible Banking) - CNCM
- Signatory tothe Appel national des entreprises en faveur de la sécurité routière (national pledge by companies to promote road safety during work-related travel) - CNCM
- The Crédit Mutuel group is also a member of ORSE and Comité 21
As a responsible investor:
- ICGN (International Corporate Governance Network) - Crédit Mutuel Asset Management since 2011
- Signatory to Japan's stewardship code - La Française
- Signatory to the PRI (Principles for Responsible Investment) by:
- Crédit Mutuel Asset Management since 2012 - RI Transparency Report 2019,
- Federal Finance Gestion - RI Transparency Report 2019,
- La Française AM - RI Transparency Report 2019,
- CIC Private Debt - RI Transparency Report 2019
- Signatory to theCDP (Carbone Disclosure Project) - La Française, Crédit Mutuel Asset Management (water, CO2 and forests since 2010, 2011, 2013 respectively)
- Member of the Green Bonds Principles (GBP) - Crédit Mutuel Asset Management since 2015
- Adheres to AFG-FIR Transparency Code - Crédit Mutuel Asset Management and La Française AM
- Fédéral Finance and La Française are members of the French Sustainable Investment Forum (SIF)
- Signatory to the declaration Vers une généralisation de la notation extra-financière - Crédit Mutuel Asset Management since 2017
- Since 2018, signatory to the Global Investor Statement to Governments on Climate Change - Crédit Mutuel Asset Management and La Française Group
Crédit Mutuel is also a contributor or active member of the following organizations:
As a cooperative:
As a retail bank:
A responsible employer that cares about its employees' working conditions
At Crédit Mutuel, the focus is on the men and women that make up the group, the key ingredients of any business. The group's 8,898 employees have advantageous wage agreements in terms of social policy, and specifically social protection, leave and continuous training.
Each year before March 1, companies with at least 50 employees must calculate and publish their Gender Equality Index on their website.
Our sector policies
The various commitments made and implemented by the group's companies and entities, either individually or collectively, are available on the In the regions tab.